Those of you that know me know that I like things done yesterday. I am often impulsive with decisions and waiting has never been something I was good at. Of course, when you own a home from the 80's that needs some improvements nothing ever gets done quickly or finished without something going wrong. Our families schedule have been absolutely crazy so the updates on the house have therefore taken a back seat. Thankfully, our house was in good condition when we bought it and has already felt like home.
The boys LOVE our new backyard but if you were to ask them why they love their new house they would easily say "because the ice cream lady comes everyday." My favorite part of our new home is probably the playroom. It has been great to have a place to put all of the boys stuff and not have our living room look like Toys R Us 24/7. We have a huge piece of land in the back and even though the front yard has plants suitable for drought and the backyard was finished there is always something to be done on a given day. I am shocked at how much I have enjoyed the gardening but the hard part is finding the time to do it when I have my hands free.
We are so thankful to live in a nice neighborhood that is close to the freeway, stores, friends, and even church.
Updates Accomplished So far:
- Painted kitchen cabinets
- Bought a new coffee table and couch
- Took out some plants and trees in the backyard that were not placed in proper areas
- Organized the garage and storage
- Replaced broken tub upstairs
- Tile the floor and paint upstairs bathroom
- Replace the stair railings
- Buy a new dining room set
- Replace chandalier in stairwell and new ceiling fan in dining room
- Change out door handles
- Redo tiles on the fireplace
- Remove window shutters from kitchen
- Take out two trees in front yard
- Put up curtains in master bedroom and living room
Some inspirational pics