November 26, 2010, Nick and I became one. I was 21 at the time and Pinterest was not even out yet. (Thank goodness.) In seven years we have experienced some of the best and hardest days of my life and it's crazy to think that we have technically “grown up” together as far as maturity (or "adulting") goes.
I didn’t know it then, but surprisingly our life together is very much what I imagined it was going to be like. God has been so faithful to us and I can still say to this day that marrying Nick was easily the best and easiest decision I’ve ever made.
Here are seven things I have learned so far about being married:
1. Saying sorry is always better than being right.
2. Unspoken expectations can damage a relationships growth,
3. Dating your spouse after marriage is as crucial, if not more, then before you were married.
4. Roles in the house will change with each added child.
5. We are husband and wife, first, and then mom and dad, second.
6. Communication. Communication. Communication.
7. Pray for your marriage.
Nick and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary with a day away exploring beautiful San Diego all over again. (Without our kids, of course.) Our anniversary is sandwiched between Thanksgiving and our middle's birthday so we tried to keep it simple.
Good food, good company and good drink.
We are planning a little tropical vacation in a few months with some saved up mileage points so that is something where we can look forward to some more extended time together.
I love you Babe and thanks for editing this post for me. You are and always will be my best friend and my better half.