Happy Tuesday everyone, only 3 more days until the weekend..... I am linking up with Karli from September Farm for another 10 on Tuesday. I love being a stay-at-home mom and think it is the best "job" in the world but I often think about other fun jobs I would like to dabble into one day. My degree is in Communication is pretty broad which can make chosing a career path a little difficult. The list of jobs below are a mixture of ones that are way out of my league and talent and some are ones I truly would love to do. I wish I knew about more career options while in college and before having kids but you live and learn right? I am still young enough to make a career shift one day in the future so you never know.
10 Jobs I Think I Would Enjoy
- Lactation Consultant- Had I known this was a job or something I would enjoy doing while I was still in school I would have totally got my bachelors in nursing and then became a IBCLC lactation consultant. My breastfeeding success is largely due to my consultants and a few good momma friends. I also had some bad experiences with lactation consultant in the hospitals. My dream would be to help out women in inner cities who might desire to breastfeed but just need the tools and knowledge to make it work. (disclaimer: yes, I know there are so many other factors that can lead to a mom not being able to nurse her baby. I support you if you did or did not breastfeed. I happened to breastfeed and am passionate about, that's it).
- Adoption Agency Consultant- Adoption has been on my heart for a few years now. I feel like this would be a problem-solving job that would be so fulfilling in the end if I could help make a difference in a few kiddos lives. This is also a job that Lord-willing I truly think I want to try out in the future.
- Florist- I love and appreciate the work florist do to make something beautiful out of God's creation. I think it would be so much fun to assist in making bouquets and arrangements for weddings and special events. Plus, all the knowledge I would gain on flowers would be incredible.
- Bed and Breakfast Owner- Have you seen Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines new B&B? I fell in love with it and now want my own B&B to run. I can imagine the smell of coffee, fresh linens, and some Ray Lamontagne all day long.
- Personal Organizer- I was a nanny for a lady who hired a organizer to help her get things in order in her home. I never knew this career even existed but I think this would top all the other options on here for career paths. I would love the task of de-cluttering someones stuff and helping them live more simply, seriously!!!
- Chocolatier - Chocolate is a food group in my mind and growing up I always admired the movie Choocolat. Although I would most likely eat everything I made I wouldn't mind bringing smiles to people with some good old chocolate.
- Judge- This has been a dream of mine since I was 5 years old. I am the oldest child and I am controlling which makes sense why this job appeals to me.
- Bar tender for Stone Brewery- Stone only serves beer on draft, wine, and some specialty bottled drinks so not much training would be involved.
- Photographer- I appreciate photographers and their artistic eye and wish so badly I was good at this.
- Professional Dancer- Can I be Val's partner on Dancing With the Stars?
Are you currently at your dream job? What did you want to be when you were little? Did you get a degree in something you regret or would change?